Decompressin' with Wessan
(Dialectical Behavior Therapy)
UP NEXT: Mindfulness
and Distress Tolerance
“It is difficult to manage your emotions when you do
not understand how emotions work.
Knowledge is power.” - Dr. Marsha Linehan
“What is shareable is
bearable and what we can name, we can tame!” - Dr. Dan Siegal
August 16 - November 15,
Thursdays, 7:30 - 9:00 PM
14 Week Program (we skip holiday weeks)
SUMMER/FALL GROUP SCHEDULE
We cover all four DBT modules in one year, during
three 14-week trimesters. You choose if you want to
continue toward the end of each trimester.
August 16, 23, 30
September 6, 13, 20, 27
October 4, 11, 18, 25
November 1, 8 , 15
[In addition, please reserve November 29 and December 6 in case we need make-up sessions due to extreme weather or holidays]
*If more than half the group gives notice in advance and will be away for any given holiday or school vacation week, we will skip that week and end one week later.
** After this Summer/Fall Distress Tolerance module, our next Winter/Spring DBT Module will be covering Interpersonal Effectiveness and Mindfulness, @ December - February 2019.
Classes fill up quickly in advance. Please contact me prior to the next open enrollment period.
FIVE STEPS TO
1. We need to set an appointment for a brief Intake on the phone, @15-20 minutes. There is no cost to you for this call.
2. Enrollment requires an Initial Consultation with me to see how I can best serve you in the group, and if this group is a good fit for you. There is a fee for this hour with me in my office.
3. You complete the four DBT registration forms that I send to you.
4. Submit your tuition check.
5. Your therapist sends me the Therapist Agreement form that I will send to you. It is a requirement of this DBT program that everyone be seeing an individual therapist weekly. They do not have to be DBT trained, but it is important to have someone with whom you can process your thoughts and feelings in between classes.
Please call me at 978.710.8039 or email to inquire.
Copyright © by Lisa Wessan 2018. All rights reserved. www.LisaWessan.com