Dialectical Behavior Therapy Skills Groups
(DBT on Zoom through 2025 )
Lisa Wessan, LICSW, CLYL, RM
Psychotherapist, Life Coach, DBT Skills Trainer,
Author, Speaker, Consultant
P.O. Box 42, Westford, MA 01886
🌀 CONTACT FORM 🌀
SPEAK ON THE PHONE,
Serenity is not freedom from the storm,
but peace amidst the storm…
· $70 per 90-minute group.
· New students pay $1,205.00 (includes one intake session).
· Continuing students pay $980.00.
· Checks or Credit Cards accepted for payment.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
Years ago, I used to collect weekly fees, but then people would come and go “when not in the mood to show up” and there was no commitment. Paying in full motivates participants to have “skin in the game” and the group quickly becomes more cohesive, producing successful results and powerful transformations.
· How long is each module? We cover all four modules in the course of one year, during three 14-week trimesters, for a total of 42 weeks. (We skip holidays, school breaks and Holy Days.) Each group session is 90 minutes.
· How many students are in each group? All DBT groups need a minimum of six participants, and have a maximum of 12 participants.
· What is the Open Enrollment Period? The Open Enrollment Period (OEP) allows participants to join up to four weeks after first group session started.
DBT WINTER Semester
"If you can recognize and accept your pain without running away from it, you will discover that although pain is there, joy can also be there at the same time."
~ Thich Nhat Hanh, No Mud, No Lotus
Adult Evening DBT Group
Please save these dates in your
January 3, 10, 17, 24, 31
🌀🌀 Make up days: In addition, please reserve three make-up days, April 18, 25 & May 2 to allow for possible sick days/energy black outs/no Wi-Fi or other disruptions – for we will just extend the sessions to these dates to make up for the gap if we need it.
For adults who like to learn and seek to gain mastery in Mindfulness, Distress Tolerance, Interpersonal Effectiveness and Emotion Regulation skills for peak performance in all areas of their life.
We cover one module per trimester. It takes one year to complete all three modules, although it is not required to sign up for the year. You can register for each module separately.
This is a highly structured academic program, with weekly handouts, worksheets and gentle goal setting.
Between classes, students are willing to commit to 5-10 minutes/day of DBT Skills practice. Students learn to share their feelings in relation to the DBT skills they are practicing.
This is not group therapy, where one person may talk for 30 minutes. Everyone gets a chance to speak, and we are mindful of the fair use of the time. Enrollment is limited to 12 students.
Space is limited, please enroll early!
You must have completed at least 70% attendance each semester (10 sessions) in order to gain entry to the Advanced Group. Please contact me if you are interested.